Applicants for Graduate Fellowships/Assistantships must fill out the College of Optics Pre-Application.
- Graduate Application for Admission.
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended are required. Minimum GPA of
3.0 is required for admission to both the MS Optics and PhD programs. A Master’s degree is not a requirement for admission
to the PhD program.
- Official GRE General Exam scores (University code 5233 and school code 0805).
- Official TOEFL scores. Required of international students whose native language is not English, unless the student is a
graduate from U.S. accredited college or university. Minimum requirement is 80 for the iBT test or 6.5 for the IELTS test.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- The College of Optics and Photonics requires a Personal Statement and a Research Statement. The other statements are optional.
- Personal Statement – please describe what you want to do after graduation. Do you want to work in industry, or do you want to go into academia?
What is it that makes you prefer one option over the other, and how do you plan to reach your final goal?
- Research Statement – please describe the research that you have performed, if any, and the type of research that you are most interested in.
If there are multiple areas, please provide information about your choice for each area.
- Application fee of $32 (US). In order to make your payment online, you will need to turn off Pop-Up Blockers.
When you are ready to submit your application, a pop-up window will open where you may securely provide your credit card for payment of the Application Fee.
If you do not see the pop-up window, you must call 407-823-5353 and give your credit card information to the clerk who will then process your application.
You application will not be processed until payment is received.