Bachelor’s to Master’s Program
Students in the Photonic Science and Engineering program may take up to 9 credit hours of master’s level coursework and use those classes to satisfy both
PSE requirements and master’s track coursework. Students who wish to take these courses must achieve the following:
- Have and maintain a UCF and Major GPA of at least 3.5.
- Complete OSE 3200 Geometric Optics and OSE 3052(L) Introduction to Photonics + Lab.
- Complete prerequisites required for courses being substituted.
Some classes will count toward the restricted elective requirements (see PSE program requirements
) while others can count as a substitution
for a required course in the undergraduate program.
To seek approval to take graduate classes, see the forms page
and contact your PSE Advisor.
Approved as a restricted elective:
- OSE 5115 Interference Diffraction Coherence (3)
- OSE 5203 Geometric Optic and Imaging Systems (3)
- OSE 6111 Optical Wave Propagation (3)
- OSE 6211 Imaging and Optical Systems (3)
Substitutions: (Students must complete the prerequisites for the course which is being substituted prior to taking the master’s level course):
- OSE 5414 Fundamentals of Optoelectronic Devices (3)
- Substitutes for OSE 4410 Optoelectronics (3)
- OSE 6525 Laser Engineering (3)
- Substitutes for OSE 4520 Laser Engineering (3)
- OSE 6526C Laser Engineering Lab (3)
- Substitutes for OSE 4520L Laser Engineering Lab (1)