David J. Hagan
David Hagan received his PhD degree in Physics at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, Scotland In 1985. He is a Professor of Optics and Photonics and Associate Dean for Academic Programs of the College of Optics and Photonics. He was the founding Editor-in-Chief of the journal, Optical Materials Express, and is currently Executive Editor-in-Chief of Chinese Optics Letters. His current research interests include techniques for nonlinear optical materials characterization, optical power limiting and switching, and methods for enhancement of optical nonlinearities.
Dr. Hagan’s Resarcher ID is H-2204-2011
Awards & Honors
- International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE) Fellow
- Optical Society of America (OSA) Fellow
- 2017 Pegasus Professor
- 2012 Research Incentive Award (RIA)
- 2010 College of Optics & Photonics Excellence in Research Award
- 2007 Office of Research & Commercialization Millionaire’s Club
- 2004 Research Incentive Award (RIA)
- 2001 Teaching Incentive Program (TIP) Award
- 1995 Teaching Incentive Program (TIP) Award
Conducting research on a variety of nonlinear optical effects, materials, and devices including nonlinear interactions in waveguides, nonlinear signal processing, optical power limiting, and characterizing materials response at picosecond and nanosecond scales.