Guifang Li received his Ph.D. degree from The University of Wisconsin at Madison and is FPCE Professor of Optics, Electrical & Computer Engineering and Physics at UCF. He was the director of the NSF IGERT program in Optical Communications and Networking at UCF. He is the recipient of the NSF CAREER award and the Office of Naval Research Young Investigator award. Dr. Li is a Fellow of IEEE, the Optical Society of America, SPIE and the National Academy of Inventors. Dr. Li is a an Associate Editor for Optica (OSA) and the Photonics Journal (IEEE/IPS).
His research interests include optical communication and networking, RF photonics and all-optical signal processing. He has collaborated widely with academic institutions and industry.
- IEEE Photonics Society Fellow
- Optical Society of America (OSA) Fellow
- International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE) Fellow
- 2015 National Academy of Inventors Fellow
- 2014 IEEE IPS Distinguished Lecturer Award
- 2006 Presidential Major Research Equipment Award
High-capacity optical communication through linear and nonlinear channels including free space and optical fiber using synergy of advanced optical and electronic techniques.