Awards & Honors
- 2014 Excellence in Graduate Teaching (College Award)
- 2013 Excellence in Graduate Teaching award
- 2009 Promotion and Tenure Approved
- 2009 2008/2009 Teaching Incentive Program (TIP) Award
- 2007 Office of Research & Commercialization Millionaire’s Club
- 2006 Presidential Major Research Equipment Award
Optical analysis tools for investigation of nanostructured devices including Near-field Scanning Optical Microscope, fiber-coupled microscope for single particle spectroscopy, leakage radiation setup for surface plasmon imaging, near-infrared waveguide analysis setup, and variable temperature photoluminescence setup. Projects include manipulation of surface plasmon dispersion in nanoscale thin films, enhancement of erbium excitation in semiconductor nanocrystal doped oxides, and enhancement of optical nonlinearities using plasmon resonances.