Konstantin Vodopyanov Group
Our group develops groundbreaking techniques for producing mid-IR and terahertz coherent radiation and explores their diverse applications. The areas of research embrace generation of ultra-broadband frequency combs in the mid-IR and THz and study of their coherence properties, Fourier-domain mid-IR spectroscopy including dual-comb spectroscopy, ultrasensitive molecular detection, spectroscopic study of dynamic processes (e.g. combustion), and nano-IR spectroscopy. We also explore supercontinuum generation in fibers and waveguides, photonic THz wave generation, THz imaging via up-conversion, as well as applications of lasers and frequency combs for bio-medical research.
Our group's hike 20-Mar 2021
- Feb 2021, our paper Q. Ru, T. Kawamori, P. G. Schunemann, S. Vasilyev, S. B. Mirov, and K. L. Vodopyanov, “Two-octave-wide (3–12 µm) subharmonic produced in a minimally dispersive optical parametric oscillator cavity” is published in Opt. Lett. and highlighted as an “Editors’ Pick” , link
- Aug 2020, our paper V. Karlovets, I.E. Gordon, D. Konnov, A.V. Muraviev, K.L. Vodopyanov, “Dual-Comb Laser Spectroscopy of CS2 near 4.6 µm” is published in the Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer (JQSRT) , link
- August 2020, a monograph by Konstantin Vodopyanov “Laser-based Mid-infrared Sources and Applications” is published (Wiley, 2020). link
- August 2020, Ozarfar Gafarov joins the group as a postdoctoral scholar.
- July 2020. Taiki Kawamori successfully completes the Dissertation Proposal Examination.
- July 2020. Dmitrii Konnov successfully completes the Candidacy Examination.
- March 2020, a chapter by Konstantin Vodopyanov “Isotopologues Detection and Quantitative Analysis by Mid‐Infrared Dual‐Comb Laser Spectroscopy” is published in the Encyclopedia of Analytical Chemistry (Wiley, 2020). link
- July 3, 2019. Qitian Ru defended his PhD thesis in Optics and Photonics: “Broadband Mid-infrared Frequency Combs Generated via Frequency Division”.
- June 3, 2019. Dmitrii Konnov passes CREOL PhD Qualifying Examination (the ‘Qualifier’).
- March 27, 2019. Qitian Ru became the winner of the UCF Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition and walked away with a 1000-dollar prize. There were 10 finalists and they were judged on the ability to effectively convey the essence and importance of their research in an engaging way to a non-specialist audience in just three minutes, with one PowerPoint slide. Qitian will continue competing on the national level.
- March 2019. Qitian Ru is on the front page of the 2019 CREOL Industrial Affiliates Symposium booklet.
- March 2019. Taiki Kawamori passes CREOL candidacy exam.
- February 2019. Our paper was published in Optica: T. Tomberg et al. “Background-free broadband absorption spectroscopy based on interferometric suppression with a sign-inverted waveform”, Optica 6, 147-151 (2019).
- January 2019. Qitian Ru passes CREOL dissertation proposal exam.
- January 2019. Our paper was published in Optica: S. Vasilyev et al. “Super-octave longwave mid-infrared coherent transients produced by optical rectification of few-cycle 2.5-μm pulses”, Optica 6, 111-114 (2019).
- August 2018. Dmitrii Konnov join the group as graduate students.
Group meetings are on Fridays, 9:30-11:00, Room 320 CREOL building.